1. "Transgender History" by Susan Stryker
2. "Origin of Species" by Charles Darwin; abridged by Phillip Appleman
3. "Female Masculinity" by J. Jack Halberstam
4. "Blood Oranges" by Kathleen Tierney
5. "Piled Higher and Deeper, Volume 1" by Jorge Cham
6. "A Draft of XXX Cantos" by Ezra Pound
I seem to be making some progress on reading in January. Both the Stryker and Halberstam books were personal reading; Blood Oranges was for a review that'll show up on Tor.com soonish; the Darwin and the Pound were for their respective seminars; and the PhD Comics first volume collection was just something I've been reading a strip or two at a time.
While I know I've been keeping up a good habit of doing short reviews for things I've read over the past few years, it's something I think I'm going to put on hiatus for a while. The general workload is too constant and multifarious for much extra time to be available for blogging--and I found that knowing I had a bunch of books to write up made me less likely to do it. Ergo, less write-ups, unless I feel particularly motivated to do so (in which case I'm likely to just write an actual review instead).