Five things for the day:
1) The Bending the Landscape
series post is live at Tor.com,
discussing their place in the genre conversation of the late '90s.
2) At Lambda Literary, Catherine Wilson has given Beyond Binary
a really stellar review.
I am well pleased.
3) I officially, legally, am now "Brit Mandelo." It's on my driver's license and everything. (My old last name is now my second middle name. I didn't drop it entirely.) Now, I get to do all of the maddening paperwork to change it on everything in the world.
4) Having my favorite produce stand back open again is such a blessing. Cheap, delicious vegetables. Today included carrots, zucchini, cabbage, corn, broccoli, tomatoes, and some meat/cheese from the shop's freshly installed deli. (Which is amazing. I thought this place couldn't get any better, but now they have a deli!)
5) I really miss my bookstore. If I had twenty grand lying about, I would re-open the shop in the still-empty location and run it just like I did before. It kills me to know that we were always profitable, and if Borders hadn't dragged us under with them, I'd still be working my perfect job.